Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I had an awesome First Mother's Day. Minus the fact that I missed my best friend's bachelorette weekend getaway in AC. (Love you Laur). But we had an absolutely gorgeous day and all the tulips were in bloom throughout the city - my favorite part of springtime in Chicago B)
I got this coveted new clutch from my darling husband :)
We went to the 9am church service down @ Willowcreek while Honeybunny played with his fellow church babies in Promiseland. The Mother's Day message isn't posted yet, but here's a good one from this year's Family Series for you to see how amazing they are. After the service we picked up Landon only to discover that he graduated from the infant non-crawlers to the infant CRAWLERS. My little baby turned into a crazy mobile child almost overnight....I feel like only yesterday he was our tiny little swaddled burrito, unable to move at all.
The rest of the day was open to whatever I wanted to do. So we went biking along the lake, Honeybunny in tow.





ready to go biking for the 1st time!


Honeybunny holding tight to his frequent rider card


getting situated in his "Tag Along"





& it begins...

A few videos from the start of our excursion:


we biked all along the beautiful Lake Michigan

Buckingham Fountain

takin' 5

stopping to smell the flowers



the view from the planetarium 




A mumma goose with her bebe ducklings on Mother's Day

& the papa

Exhausted after the bike ride, I took a much-needed nap while Chris helped Landon make me the most adorable and thoughtful Mother's Day card ever. I woke up 3 hours later to the smell of my signature thin crust, pepper, onion, & olive pizza from Pat's......

Mmmm.

I love being a mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...